The self evaluation of every departmental may be provided separately in about 3-4 pages, avoiding the repetition of the data.
- Name of the department: Botany, Majuli College.
- Year of Establishment: 1978; sanction in 1986 1st
- Name of programmes/Courses offered (UG, PG ,M.Phill,Ph.D, Integrated Masters; Integrated Ph.D, etc) : UG
- Name of interdisciplinary course and the departments/units involved :Environmental science
- Annual/ semester/choice based credit system (programme wise):Semester
- Participation of the department in the course offered by the other departments: Nil
- Course in collaboration with other universities , industries ,foreign institutions ,etc. :Nil
- Details of course/programmes discontinued(if any)with reasons : No
- Numbers of teaching posts
- Faculty profile with name, qualification, designation, specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt./Ph.D/ M.Phil.etc.)
|No. of Years of Experience||No. of Ph.D. students guided for the last 4 years|
|NilamoniPatir||M.sc||Assistant professor||Mycology and plant pathology||33 years||Nil|
|Indira Borah||M.sc. ,M.phill||Assistant professor||Cytogenetic and plant breeding||16 years||Nil|
- List of senior visiting faculty: Nil
- Percentage of lecture delivered and practical classes handled (programme wise) by temporary faculty: 50%
- Student teacher ratio: 1:16(Program wise)
|2nd semester||4th semester||6th semester|
- Number of academy support staff (technical) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled: Technical=01, sanctioned filled=2, administrative staff=Nil
- Qualification of teaching faculty with D.sc /D.Litt/ Ph.D/PG=M.Phill
- Number of faculty with ongoing projects from (a) National (b) International funding agencies and grants received: Nil
- Departmental projects funded by DST FIST;UGC,DBT,ICSSR,etc. and total grant received:UGC-1,total grants-1,00000.
- Research Centre/facility recognized by the University: Nil
* a) Publication per faculty
|ISBN No.||Name of the paper/year||Name of journal/books|
|An Ethobotanical study of|
mishingtribel living in
Majuli,the biggest river island
Kolongkilling,an anthology of articles
|A glance of Flora and Founa of|
|Souvenir of Majuli mohostave-2015|
|Souvenir of SadouAsomKarmachariSantha|
|North East India,a global|
repository of biodiversity,2015
|Sanskrit pallav: a social religious magazine.|
* Number of papers published in per reviewed journals (national / international) by faculty and students:4
*Number of publications listed in international Database (for eg. Web of science, Scopus, humanities international complete, Dare Database-international social sciences Directory, EBSCO host, etc.: Nil
*Chapter in books: Nil
* Books edited books with ISBN/ISSN numbers with details of publishers: Nil
*Citation index: Nil
*Impact factor: Nil
- Areas of consultancy and income generated: Nil
- Faculty as member in
a)National committees :Nil
- b) International committees: Nil
- c) Editorial Boards: Nil
- Student projects
- a) Percentage of students who have done in house project including inter departmental /programme: 100% (as per syllabus)
- b) Percentage of student’s placed for project in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research laboratories/ Industry/other agencies: Nil
- Awards/recognition received by faculty and students: Nil
- List of eminent academicians and scientists/visitors to the department: Nil
- Seminars/Conferences/Workshops organized and the source of funding
- b) International: Nil
- Student profile programme/course wise:
|Name of the Course/program-me|
(Refer question no.4.)
|Admission in||Applications received||selected||Enrolled||Pass percentage|
*M= Male *F=Female
- Diversity of students
|Name of the Course||% of the students from the same state||% of the students from the other state||% of the students from abroad|
|B.Sc(non major)||All students||Nil||Nil|
- How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET, SLETE, GATE, Civil services, Defence services, etc. : Nil
- Student progression
|Student progression||Against % enrolled|
|UG to PG||50%|
|PG to M.Phill||Nil|
|M.Phill to Ph.D.||Nil|
|Ph.D. to Post Doctoral||Nil|
· Campus selection
· Other than campus recruitment
- Details of infrastructural facilities
- a) Library: Yes
- b) Internet facilities: Yes
- c) Class room with ICT facility: Nil
- d) Laboratories: Yes
- Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies: Nil
- Details on student enrichment programmes (special lecture/workshops/seminar) with external experts: Nil
- Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning: Group discussion, Presentations, Assignments, class tests.
- Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and Extension activities: NSS camp, wet land conservation, Botanical garden etc.
- SWOC analysis of the department and Future plants:
*highly motivated team of teacher
*Student centric department.
* Laboratory weakness.
* Classroom space not sufficient.
* Motivating students to learn plant science.
Challenges: Annual food problems, Communication problems, poor student quality and quantity, economic problems.
- To motivate students to appear for competitive examination.
- To improve our laboratory.