INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
The college has an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) which was established in 2003. This cell with Principal as its Chairman and one of the senior teachers as its coordinator consists of around twenty members representing the teaching and student communities of the college and the local society. The IQAC of the college functions around the following benchmarks:
The primary objectives of IQAC are:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC evolves mechanisms and procedures for:
Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks like:
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of evaluation procedures;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will contribute towards:
- Ensuring heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensuring internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensuring enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Providing a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Acting as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
- Building an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.