Majuli College Library started its functioning since 1962 and it’s accommodated in its present building in 1988. The History of the Majuli College Library started with a single wooden almirah, and many of the teachers of Majuli A.H.C. High School, Kamalabari and Some dignitary persons donated books to the College Library. Prof. Atul Chnadra Goswami, the founder principal of the Majuli College was short time Library in-charge.
Later on Prof. Bhuban Chandra Saikia of Assamese Deptt. was placed Library in-charge of the College Library till Mr. Dilip Kr. Borah M.A., B.Lib. Sc. is appointed in 04-11-1972. During his time the College Library got its own shape with a Separate Library Building of its own. Dilip Kr. Borah retired on 31-10-2006 and Mr. Pradip Chandra Das, M.A., MLISc. is appointed on 11-01-2010 who has been working now.
The Library is renamed as ATUL CHANDRA GOSWAMI LIBRARY in 2012. The Library is providing various Services to its users. The Library is catering to the needs of about 2,500 readers consisting of Teachers, students, employees and others. Its total collection of reading material fifteen thousand including text books, general books, reference books, Majuli collections, Publication of staff, Bound volumes of Journal, News paper specially “The Assam Tribune” and “Amar Asom”.
OPENING HOURS :
The Library will remain open from 10 AM to 4 PM on all working days. These may be curtailed or extended in special circumstances by prior notice on the notice Board.
1. The membership of the library is open to all the students, teachers, and regular employees and other employees of the college.
2. The librarian at his discretion may allow other individual to make casual of the library.
CATEGORIES OF MEMBERSHIP AND THEIR PRIVILEGES:
The Category of membership, number of books to which entitled, period of loan and caution Deposit shall be as follow :
|Category||No. of Books||Period of Loan||Caution Deposit|
|A||1. Teachers (Regular)||05||30 days||Nil|
|2. Teachers (Part time)||03||30 days||Nil|
|B||Emplyees (Regular)||03||30 days||Nil|
BORROWING BOOKS :
1 A book will be issued to the borrower against the production of the borrower’s card.
2. All Reference books loose and bound volumes of periodicals including Magazines are not for issue.
3. The Librarian reserves the right to recall any book from any member at any time.
4. The loan period may be shortened by the librarian if the books are of special demand.
5 An over due charge of Re. 0.50 paise per day per volume will be Collected for late return of the books borrowed.
6 The librarian reserves the right to waive overdue charge at his/her discretion under special circumstances.
7 The Librarian reserves the right to allow more books on special request, if any.
LOSS OF LAMINATED BORROWER CARD AND BOOKS:
1. The members are responsible for the library borrower card issued to them. Loss of library borrower card should be reported to the librarian immediately. Duplicate library borrower card will be issued on payment of Rs. 50/-
2 Members shall be responsible for any loss which library may suffer through the loss or misuse of their borrower card.
3 In case of loss of books by the borrower he/she shall either replace the book(s) or remit the cost.
4. If the books of a multi volume set is damaged or lost, the member concerned shall be liable to replace the whole set or pay the cost of the entire set on the above line.
1 Bibliographical search from the library database on request.
2 Xeroxing facility is availabe in the library at the rate of 1.00 Rs. per copy.
3 Book Bank Facility
4 News paper Service
5 Internet Service
6 Current Awareness service
7 Ready Reference Service