- Library borrower card is not transferable.
- Members shall observe silence in the reading halls.
- Members shall not engage in conversation in any part of the library.
- Members shall not write upon, damage or mark any books belonging to the Librarian.
- Members shall not bring their personal belongings and library books issued to them inside the library.
- Members are responsible for any damage caused by them to the books or any other library property and shall be required to pay the penalty imposed by the librarian.
- The members caught tearing pages/stealing of books will be suspended forthwith from using the library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against them by the college.
- The members should carefully examine the books issued to them before leaving the library counter. They shall bring immediately to the notice of the librarian.
- Any misuse of the Library Reader’s Card may lead to cancellation of privilege enjoyed by the member.
- When the students have any complaint about the library service they should not enter into any argument with the library staff, but bring it to the notice of the librarian in writing.
- The users of the library may suggest to the librarian any book or journal or any other reading material for being required.
- The library rules may be amended or altered as and when necessary.
- Bibliographical search from the library database on request.
- Xerox facility is available in the library at the rate of Rs. 1.00 per copy for student & Rs 2.00 per copy for others. This facility is exclusively for academic purpose only.
- Book Bank facility is available.
- News Paper Service.
- Internet Service.
- Current Awareness Service.
- Ready Reference Service.
- E-books & E-journal facilities.
- Reading Room Service.
To cultivate the Reading Habit among the student community of Majuli College, the Library authority introduces “The Best Reader Award” which is distributed annually.
- Best reading room user award
- Best borrower award
LIBRARY BOOK BANK:
The Book Bank Facility in the library was opened in 2012. The purpose of the Bank is to help the meritorious, financially poor and deserving regular students of the college. The library rules may be amended or altered as and when necessary.